Podcastamatic automates the creation of a webpage and a RSS feed for your podcast, based on MP3 tags. A webpage can either be automatically generated from scratch or generated from a template you create. Podcastamatic is highly customizable.
The new Podcastamatic release (v1.3) supports iTunes tags and now reads mp4/m4a/m4p in addition to mp3 audio files. Get it here.
- Added support for MP4 (mp4, m4a, m4p) files. Requires Perl module “MP4::Info”.
- Added support for iTunes “Explicit” tag. If you are using iTunes support you must now configure “iTunesExplicit” as “yes”, “no”, or “undefined”.
- Added support for different sort orders.
- If there is no MP3/MP4 “Title” tag then the filename is now used (was blank).
- Fixed warning if there is no tag field is empty.
Podcaster automation tool. Some bug fixes and experimental support for iTunes specific tags. Go here.
Podcastamatic 1.0, my podcast automation program, has been released. Get it here. This version is a lot easier to get started with and more customizable.
Changes for v1.0
- Simplified configuration.
- Improved customization options.
- Added log file generation.
- Cleaned up internal code.
Get it here. Introduced HTML template feature and several bug fixes. Output now highly customizable.
- Thanks to Craig Meyer for Mac OSX instructions to install MP3::Info.
- Fixed XML description tag; now validates at http://feedvalidator.org/ Thanks to Ed at NIMIQ and Victor Cosby for their help in this.
- added “header” CSS id to HTML output
- new configuration item to HTML output: AdditionalHTML (optional) allows you to add additional HTML code to the generated HTML file
- added “generated by” tagline to HTML output, uses CSS “classgeneratedby”
- Made “No audio files found” error more verbose (thanks to Brian Hefferan)
- Encodes spaces in URLs correctly (urlencode routine thanks to Brian Hefferan)
- Tweaked HTML output so it is now valid HTML 4.01 Strict. Validates at http://validator.w3.org/
- Added “Templates” feature. Added config items “UseTemplateForHTML” and “TemplateFile”. See docs for usage.
Continue reading “Podcastamatic v0.3 released”